Nutritional and Orthopedic Medicine
• Reconstructive Prolotherapy
• Neural Therapy
• Immune Systems
• Weight Loss
Services & Therapies
General Holistic and Nutritional Medicine
Dr. Steinberg believes that many of our illnesses and ailments can be treated using non-traditional methods. His familiarity with a variety of medical approaches; including Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, Prolotherapy, Neural Therapy and various forms of Chiropractic treatment contribute to his broad and truly holistic approach to the patient.
more... Read about inflammation and the healing of the body
Immune System Rebalancing
Immune system rebalancing can be defined as the identification and elimination of the underlying causes of chronic inflammation, a state of immune confusion common to nearly all illnesses, and normalization of the body’s defenses.
Prolotherapy is not a new technique. Prolotherapy was first used by Hippocrates on Olympic javelin throwers who occasionally dislocated their shoulders. It was used to treat hernias before modem surgical techniques became available. The techniques Dr. Steinberg uses were developed in the 1930's. The same techniques and drugs have been used successfully for pain relief from ligament laxity for nearly sixty years. Prolotherapy is now gaining wider acceptance for painful musculo-skeletal and ligamentous problems and has demonstrated long lasting results.
more... Prolotheraphy FAQs
More Facts about Prolotherapy
- Prolotherapy is a form of injection therapy.
- Injections are placed into injured ligaments. The tissue of the injured ligaments (fibroblasts) responds through a process called inflammation.
- From inflammation, re-growth occurs of the tissue responsible for the strength of the ligaments. The molecular substance created is called collagen.
- Prolotherapy provokes re-growth of collagen. This strengthens the ligaments and improves their elasticity. This improvement in elasticity and strength leads to better function.
- When the ligaments regulating the bones, particularly in the axial skeleton (skull, spine, and pelvis,) are treated with Prolotherapy, function is improved. This improvement in function leads to reduction in pain.
- Most people with chronic back pain, most people with whiplash injuries, most people with chronic knee injuries, hip injuries, and injuries of other parts of the skeletal ligamentous system have pain.
- This pain is improved with Prolotherapy.
- Prolotherapy is the best form of treatment for chronic pain when suitably diagnosed as due to ligament dysfunction.
- For such a diagnosis you need to consult a physician who is an expert in orthopedic medicine.
- Dr. Steinberg has been successfully treating patients with Prolotherapy for more than a decade.
Based on the theory that trauma can produce long-standing disturbances in the electrochemical function of tissues, Neural therapy is a method of diagnosing and treating illness and pain caused by disturbances of the body's electrophysiology. These electrical disturbances, called "interference fields," are manifestations of cell membrane instability and typically trigger abnormal autonomic nervous system responses. Interference fields may be found in scars, autonomic ganglia, teeth, internal organs or other locations where local tissue irritation exists.
Information and testemonials coming soon!
K1 Whole Body Vibration Machine
Dr. Steinberg writes, "I have been interested in vibration therapy in its various forms for nearly twenty years. While the potential health benefits of total body vibration (TBV) are well documented in the medico-scientific literature, it was not until recently that I added this treatment to my medical bag of tricks..." Click the "more" link below to read about the safety and benefits of adding this device to your health routine. See Dr. Steinberg's complete opinion and the testimonials of actual users.
more... K1 Whole Body Vibration Machine
(631) 470-4317 •
Located in Huntington, New York - Phone Consultation Available
© Harold D. Steinberg 2013
Information on this website is provided for general information and educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute (i) medical advice or counseling, (ii) the practice of medicine including health care diagnosis or treatment, (iii) the creation of a physician patient or clinical relationship, or (iv) a specific endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship of any third party product or service. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider promptly.